Super fudgy with lots of chocolate, nuts and ROSE WATER! Weekend, no, a long weekend. On such days like these I love to stand still more in the kitchen to bake and to cook. The weather was so beautiful, actually we had only Sunday fantastic weather and I immediately took advantage of it and lay half the day in the sun and have read and observed the sky. I love it when the sun warms me, then I feel like a lizard, which is only active by warmth! But lizards don´t get a sunburn? Correct me if I’m wrong. And so I had to put myself in the shade.
Monday started with rain and ends with rain. So I stood the loving day in the kitchen. First I made pumpkin mylk, mhh the was super delicious! And I had a big desire for chocolate and so I made brownies.
For few days I got chocolate by PanaChocolate. OMG one of the best chocolates I have ever eaten. Among the others, there was one with rose water! Heavenly. And so I came up with the idea of adding some rose water into my brownies. The madness!! But do not worry if you dislike rose water, just leave it away or use just a drop. It is worth it!
- 2 Tbsp flax egg, (2 Tbsp flax seeds + 5 Tbsp water)
- 112 g of vegan butter, melted
- 90 g of coconut blossom sugar or raw sugar
- 30 ml agave nectar
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- Prise sea salt
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rose water
- 50 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 130 g of gluten-free flour mix or wheat flour
- 30 g of ground hazelnuts
- Walnuts + vegan chocolate pieces / drops
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees and cover a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Prepare flax eggs in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add melted vegan butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk thoroughly to combine and start dissolving the coconut sugar.
- Add flax eggs and rose water and whisk once more until combined. Then add baking powder, sea salt, and cocoa powder and whisk.
- Add flour and almond meal and fold with a spatula until just mixed. Then add chocolate drops.
- Place the dough in the prepared baking dish and smooth it out, topped with walnuts and chocolate.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the edges appear dry and slightly fluffy and the center is no longer wet or sticky. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 45 minutes.
- Cut in 8 bars.