This post is also available in german/deutsch
The winter has returned for a short time, it is April. And so I need a warming meal, preferably a stew. As you know I love stews and soups of all kinds. For a short time I love cozy socks, sweaters and hearty soups before my beloved spring comes back.
I miss the spring, the winter this time was long and cold. When I feel the first spring sunbeams on my skin, that is a real sense of happiness. The air, the twittering of birds, and the fragrance of the flowering flowers is an exhilarating experience. We went for a long walk with Mara and I worked in the garden.
A wonderful meal when the spring times has a small break. Warm and energizing. I prefer to serve the dish with potatoes or quinoa but feel free to choose your favorite dish (rice, bread or millet)
- 2 canned tomatoes
- 2 canned kidney beans, washed and drained
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 peppers, finely chopped
- ¼ celery tuber, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 knife tip cinnamon
- 1 Handful Walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 chiles, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 ml of red wine
- 1 piece of black chocolate
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Fry the onion, chilli and garlic and then add the small cut vegetables for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add kidney beans, tomatos, cinnamon, bay leaf, walnuts and 100 ml of water and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the dark chocolate, wine and salt and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Stir again and again.
- Serve with potatoes and parsley.