This post is also available in german/deutsch.
I must confess it tooks a few tries to get this carrot cake. First he was too tight, then he did not rise was too greasy. But now I am so happy about my result. And the icing on the cake is the ingenious frosting with Tonka bean! And like my second revelation, I have never tasted Tonka Bean before.
JUICY, NUTSY, FRUITY = CARROTS CAKE WITH TONKA FRESH CHEESE FROSTING
Carrot cake. Of course he was not allowed to miss my blog. With frosting or even without frosting a true pleasure and the best I have eaten in a long time!
- 110 g wheat flour
- 90 g rye flour
- 100 g of sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 100 g soft butter (vegan)
- 2 organic eggs (M) or 2 flaxseed eggs (see tip)
- 160 g carrots (grated)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 g of walnuts, chopped
- 120 g cream cheese (vegan or not)
- 3-4 tbsp of powdered sugar
- 2 abrasion of a tonka bean
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Bread pan or small cake pan (18 cm) greased.
- Mix Flours, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and soda. Set aside.
- Add butter and sugar in a bowl and mix until creamy.
- Stir in eggs one at a time.
- Add carrots and walnuts.
- Stir in the flour mixture briefly and put in the greased form.
- Bake in the oven on the middle rack for 40-45 minutes. Make a stick sample.
- Chopsticks should come out clean. If not bake for another 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool briefly in the mold then let it cool completely on a grate.
- Mix all ingredients well and coat only the cake before serving.
- Garnish with marzipan carrots or real carrots.
TIP: 2 flaxseed EGGS (2 tbsp Linseeds (GROUND) MIXed WITH 5-6 tbsp WATER AND LEAVE 5 MIN. SOURTS)