6 ingredients and a little bit time and you got a super delicious homemade tomato sauce. Always ready to grab it from the pantry. Let´s start.
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- ¼ piece celery tuber, finely diced
- 2 medium white onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 cans tomato a 800 g
- 1 handful basil
- salt pepper sugar
- Finely chop the onions and garlic cloves. Heat 6-8 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan, cook the onions and garlic in a glassy pan over medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the celery and carrots and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes salt, pepper and sugar and leave to boil for 2 hours in slow heat.
- Cut basil and parsley roughly add 20 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Blend the sauce but carefully (Do not overheat and start very slowly, heat can splatter hot liquid, risk of burning).
- Cook the sauce for a further 1.5 hours. Fill in sterilized glasses and turn it upside down for 5 minutes.
Use it as basic, for other Sauces or lasagne.