This post is also available in german/deutsch
Hello lovelies, I love my monkey banana bars. Because it tastes so DELICIOUS…
And I´m a big fan of bars, nut bars, fruit bars, oat bars or chocolate bars. YAY. It´s perfect for any situation
e.g school, travel, work, uni or just a walk with the dog 🙂 and you are hungry!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #klaraslife on Instagram. We’d love to see what you come up with. Thank you!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp sunflower seed butter, or nut/seed butter do you like
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil + extra for greasing the pan
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1¼ cup chopped nuts + seeds, I used roasted hazelnuts + black sesame seeds
- ¼-1/2 cup chopped dairy-free chocolate chips
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180° degrees. In a food processor mix the bananas, sunflower butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon and sea salt. Pulse until a creamy mixture is achieved.
- In a big mixing bowl mix the oats, chopped nuts, seeds and chocolate chips. Add the banana mixture and stir until homogeneous. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and pressing down with a flat surface until the mix has evenly filled the pan.
- Bake the bars 40 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- When they are cold, lift the bars with the parchment onto a cutting board. Cut the slab into bars.
- Melt the chocolate over a water bath and drizzle over the cut granola bars. Allow to cool chocolate.
- Keep in a sealed container for a week.